Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heaven

When many people think of Heaven, the images that come to mind are pearly gates, streets of gold, crystal seas...that sort of thing. For as amazing as those things are and will be, I'm looking more forward to the way it will feel when my King looks at me.

You know how you can always feel it when someone looks at you? You see someone you haven't talked with in awhile so you start waving your arms frantically hoping they just might notice and in turn smile back at you...maybe have time to talk for awhile. Or maybe it's the opposite, you've had a falling out with someone and you happen to see them in passing...your mind is screaming "Please don't see me, please don't see me!"

In my devotion a few days ago I read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever."

In Take My Heart, Oh God, Sarah Young says "Finally meeting the God who was willing to sacrifice his own Son so that we could be with him. Being looked at by Someone who knows how imperfect we are, how often we've messed up, and still sees us as beautiful and loves us with an everlasting love. That's heaven."

I'm not sure about you, but I cannot wait for the day when I see my Savior, Lover, Friend, King, God, Lord, Abba- look at me with perfect love!

No comments:

Post a Comment