Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Never the Same

So we're all home safely and surely! Praise Jesus for that and the privilege that God used us to win 2,447 lives to Christ while we were there! Hallelujah!

A lot has happened since the last time I updated. We celebrated the 4th of July and Canada Day, Molly and I successfully gave our seminar, the students were challenged over and over by our FUAGNEM speakers, we visited one of the poorest communities of Guatemala, we held tiny orphan babies, we got new identies in Christ, we had crazy hair night (which actually lasted a few days longer for some students who dyed their hair with supposedly non-permanent dye), we walked up and down a mountain twice (once in downpouring rain without rain jackets), we worshiped Jesus in English and in Spanish with a youth band at an orphanage, some of us even walked on lava and visited the recently-errupted volcano Pacaya, and we said tearful goodbyes.

It's hard to believe that the trip as come and gone so quickly, but for as fast as it went, it feels like we were gone 2 months rather than 2 weeks. I truely believe everyone on the trip has gone home Never the Same. When I came home last year I was dramatically changed, but I fought bigger spiritual battles afterwards than I ever had before. My biggest prayer for this year is that everyone who comes home with remain strong in Christ and let Him win their battles for them. That they wouldn't rely solely on the spiritual high they are feeling now but the faith they learned to have and to store up while we were away. So thanks to everyone for your prayers and support the past two weeks! I appreciated every ounce of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment