Monday, January 25, 2010

I'll buy the field!

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. -Matthew 13:44

For about the past year, I've been trying to decide what college I want to go to. Right now, I'm at Edgewood College, and I'm just not happy. I've always wanted to go to a Bible college, but when I thought I wanted to go to Cosmetology school it changed everything. Fall of 2008 I signed an apartment lease in Madison so that I could go to AVEDA Beauty School. By Spring of 2009 I'd realized that beauty school just wasn't my fit. So, stuck in Madison because of my lease, I chose to start out at Edgewood College and just finish some gen-eds. After a lot of searching, I found Emmaus Bible College. I went to visit there, and it fit like an old t-shirt. I love everything about it!

This past year I've had a lot of firsts. I went on my first mission trip which took me on my first air plane flight and first time being out of the country. It was also the first time I'd had a full time job for nine months straight. It was the first time I started college and the first time I've lived away from home. Now I'm ready for some consistency. So Emmaus is great, I love it, I'm accepted to go there starting in the Fall of 2010, but I just don't want anymore change.

I know that Emmaus is where I'm supposed to be. Everything I want is there, and I truely believe God led me to this decision. I know I need to give up everything I have and buy the field, but it's just so hard. I don't want to go through the motions and just take the easy way out. I know if I don't go, I'll wonder what would have happened if I just would have bought the field. So I ask you to please pray for me that God would give me the stregth to make yet another change and a peaceful heart not to look back. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment