I just got back on Sunday from an incedible fall getaway weekend at Sky Lodge with Campus Crusade for Christ! The weekend was made up of an intense game of capture the flag, great sessions by Matt Harmon, carving pumpkins, new friends, and lots of other fun things! :)
Matt Harmon showed us a few snapshots of Jesus. He showed us how Jesus was a Humble King, an Obedient King, a Sacrificial King, and a Triumphant King.
I didn't really know what to expect going into the weekend. I was a bit nervous to be honest. So..Friday night after feeling a little overwhelmed, I prayed that God would help me fit in and that he would really just rock my world that weekend, and let me tell you...my world was rocked! Spending the weekend with a body of believers that big was insane! It was so refreshing to be able to talk openly about Jesus and share the same faith as just about everyone around me.
Before this weekend, I had been feeling really unsure of my plans for school next year. Transfering seemed like a lot of unnecessary work that I shouldn't have to be doing. But Saturday afternoon as I was spending some alone time with God, I came across two verses that really encouraged me. Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires." And Philippians 2:13 "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and POWER to do what pleases Him."
These verses blew my mind! I'd been feeling so worn out and discouraged...I wasn't finding joy in anything I was doing here in Madison, I wasn't looking at it as God preparing me for what is to come. I'd wanted to go to Bible college, and I thought I'd made a huge mistake by being over-zealous and signing an apartment lease last fall to stay in Madison. But my eyes were really opened when I came back to Sunday and saw how much Madison needs Jesus...how much the world needs Jesus! If I would have went straight to Bible college, I'm not sure it would have been because I had a heart to serve.
God has just been continuing to show me over and over again that when I try and figure things out on my own, I can accomplish nothing. But when I truely place my trust in Him and seek Him out wholeheartedly, He will take care of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment